Stay Informed! Join Our Mailing List
Come Join Us! Reading Power is looking for…
Director of Development
- Works with the CEO to determine the organization’s mission, purpose, and priorities.
- Has 5+ years fundraising for mid-large size organizations; non-profit experience is a plus
- Has proven fundraising results: meeting and exceeding fundraising goals
- Sets annual monetary goals and budgets according to short- and long-term goals.
- Develops a balanced fundraising strategy including individual, corporate, and private foundations, and events.
- Establishes fundraising plan and objectives for the organization, setting one-year, five-year, and longer-term goals.
- Plans fundraising events that effectively communicate the purposes of the organization
- Identifies and engages potential financial donors, including corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Develops a fundraising communication plan to meet revenue goals
- Oversees the fundraising process and maintains records of receipts and disbursements of funds.
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills: Efficient in Word, Excel, and databases
- Expertise in fundraising software and tools, such as Salesforce NPSP
- A college degree is required; a master’s degree is a plus
- References required
- Writing samples will be requested, and a writing assignment will be given.
$80,000- 90,000 with bonus potential based on performance goals.