Come Join Us! Reading Power is looking for…
Donor Relations Manager, Full Time 40 hours/week
Reports to: Director of Development
The Donor Relations Manager is an integral part of the Development Team, working with the Director of Development (DoD) and key staff to build donor relationships and seek new funding sources.
Responsibilities focus on managing the donor database, developing and managing donor engagement processes, performing prospect research, and some grant writing. The Donor Relations Manager will manage donor data collection and preliminary analysis.
Reporting to the Director of Development, this position requires proactive donor relations skills alongside an understanding, or capacity to learn, of the issues that underserved communities face. A successful person in this role has good interpersonal skills, a respectful attitude toward the work of the nonprofit, our donors, volunteers, and team members, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Three to five years of experience of relevant fundraising experience or transferable related work. Experience working for nonprofits is highly preferred. BA/BS degree required.
- Provide daily support and training to tutors
- Supervise students during tutoring
- Collaborate with school staff to identify students suitable for the program
- Assess students for identification and periodic growth
- Use data to drive instruction, and maintain accurate records
- Create and maintain an organized classroom environment
- Update classroom library and choose gift books for students
- Lead daily table meetings with tutors to advance the program delivery
- Provide weekly tutor communication email
- Tutor students as necessary
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Attend professional development opportunities
- Assist with tutor recruitment, training, and tutor events
- Serve as a Reading Power Ambassador
- Degree in Education; Previous experience in early childhood education (PreK-2nd grade)
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Team player
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong proficiency with technology and Google platforms
- Part-time position, salary range $16,600- $35,000